Saturday, November 12, 2016

GOOD SPIRITS



All say they would have preferred to have a different birth date. But there are up sides, “It’s summer, people are in good spirits and it’s a real plus to have your family around you loving life. From that perspective, it’s great,” says Ms Holgate.
“I think it would be worse if it was a couple of days before or after Christmas,” says Ms Sokol, “It would be too close and you would have already have seen all your family already.”
Sharing his birthday with the festive season hasn’t dampened Mr Wilson’s spirits but it has led him to go cold on another celebration. “I love to celebrate Christmas, but now I’m not sure I like people making a big deal of their own birthdays.”
Meanwhile, Ms Holgate says some people have had some odd ideas about how Christmas babies should get round having their day dominated. “Some said I should celebrate my conception date and I was like, ‘hell no, my parents don’t have sex.’ I’d find celebrating that day a little bit strange.”
Besides, she said, the blame lies partly with her. “I think I was actually due in January so it’s all my fault anyway.”

No comments:

Post a Comment