Friday, November 11, 2016

CHRISTMAS PUD AND BIRTHDAY CAKE



There’s always the strategy of ensuring a little bit of Christmas Day is dedicated to you. Indeed, Mr Wilson became Christmas host himself, inviting around friends who, because they were far away from loved ones, weren’t able to be with their families on the day.
“I’d have an orphan’s Christmas for people who had nowhere else to go and we’d have a champagne to mark my birthday and then Christmas lunch sometimes with both a birthday cake and Christmas pudding.”
Ms Sokol, said that when she was younger she would often end Christmas Day surrounded by friends marking her birthday. “As we’d all spent the day doing our duty with our families and it was a good excuse for everyone to come over and celebrate.
“But as I’ve got older, I think we don’t really want to leave our families on Christmas Day anymore. So we’ll have dinner and then it will be my birthday celebrations and we’ll have a cake and a pinata.”
What about presents, do those born on Christmas Day get two? Generally yes, it seems.
“Presents wise I’ve never had issues,” says Chris Young from Orange in western NSW. “If anything my rellies find it more convenient to be able to shop for my birthday and Christmas in one go. I get the same amount of presents as anyone else, a birthday present and a Christmas present, but they just come on consecutive days.”
But well wishers can still slip up.
“My pet hate is when people give you a present in Christmas paper and go ‘Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday,’” says Ms Holgate. “It’s a bit poor form, I wouldn’t wrap their birthday presents in the Christmas wrap I found at the back of the cupboard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment