Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Kelley O'Donohue



when Brisbane-based Kelley O'Donohue became six weeks vintage, she became diagnosed with a congenital heart condition. At 18 months, she had her first heart surgical treatment. The medical technology wasn't as advanced as it is today, however it become enough to maintain her alive till she turned eight and changed into old enough for open-heart surgical treatment.
She had Fallot's tetralogy, a congenital heart condition made of 4 coronary heart malfunctions.doctors stated that if she lived through her teenage years - a period of speedy increase - she could be doing properly.
O'Donohue defied the odds. Then, at 26, she had dizzy spells. She had a defibrillator implanted to display her coronary heart rhythm and to shock her if it stopped beating. "once I checked into hospital, they referred to as my call and it surely threw them after I stood up,"  O'Donohue says. "i was with the oldies, but due to the fact i was young, i was decided to recover from it."
She walks every day, eats healthily and is so passionate about coronary heart health that she now works for the coronary heart foundation. "It got here in on hand once I advised my boss I wished 3 months off for coronary heart surgical procedure," she jokes.
O'Donohue, who will rejoice her 30th birthday in June, knows her coronary heart is forever broken and the chance of desiring a transplant is scary. "It does scare me - the headaches and all the medicine you have to take. they may be going to maintain me with my own heart for as long as possible."

No comments:

Post a Comment