Saturday, October 29, 2016

“WE TOOK A SECOND JOB”



As Jessica Moorhouse’s wedding approached in May 2013, she and her husband took on second jobs to help fund the day.
For Moorhouse, who writes the award-winning Mo’ Money Mo’ Houses blog and works fulltime as a digital marketer, it meant freelance writing and running the teleprompter for the nightly TV news, while her sound engineer husband worked nights doing sound for events and theatre productions.
The extra work ended up funding about 25 per cent of their wedding, but Moorhouse admits it was exhausting.
“I can’t remember a time I’ve ever worked so much or so hard in my life,” she says.
“But I knew it was only going to be like that for a year or until I earned enough money that I wasn’t worried about wedding costs anymore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment